- n an alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth; except for iron and platinum all metals dissolve in mercury and chemists refer to the resulting mercury mixtures as amalgams
- n a combination or blend of diverse things
his theory is an amalgam of earlier ideas
- Yet, like those in water, amalgam's components are tightly bonded to each other.
- A strange amalgam of beliefs formed the complicated core of Gandhism.
- The 173rd Airborne commanders suspect an amalgam of local Turkoman parties under the banner of the Iraqi Turkoman Front (ITF) were to be used by the covert team to wreak havoc.
News & Articles
- With Nismo, the Nissan Juke becomes a hot hatchback
With its squat body, bulbous fenders, and round headlights, Nissan's Juke looks like a frog, but there's an athletic prince hiding under its funky exterior. Since the Juke's launch, a rogue group of Nissanites in the European division revealed that hidden prince with the Juke-R, an amalgam of this odd little hatchback and the budget supercar GT-R. Nissan HQ took note of the enthusiasm, making ...
June 20, 2013 - CNET
- Tom DeLay in International Herald Tribune
Former Congressman Tom DeLay called it "a shady amalgam of every bad idea ever cooked up for world government."
- Bono in AZ Central.com
The Grammys invited jazz, country, rock, soul and classical into the same hall,Bono wrote. "No regard for demographic studies of what would deliver ratings, (it was) a mad amalgam of the profound and the absurd and the creeping realization...
- Shilpa Shetty in Times of India
Describing the popular fragrance that has been created by the oldest French perfumer, Robertet, Shilpa said: "The perfume is truly unique because of the whole edge we have with the ethnic aroma. We have an amalgam of jasmine and citrus and it's a...