- n elevation especially above sea level or above the earth's surface
the altitude gave her a headache
- n the perpendicular distance from the base of a geometric figure to the opposite vertex (or side if parallel)
- n angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- They are mainly worried about avalanches and deadly high-altitude sickness instead.
- Even if he had seen it, said Lauber, "if he doesn't have altitude information, then it's a reasonable assumption for him that the aircraft is not operating in the terminal control .
- But moments later, they were reporting that the plane had a jammed stabilizer and that they were having "trouble maintaining altitude.
News & Articles
- Electric-Blue 'Noctilucent' Clouds Gets Early 2013 Start | Video
These high-altitude clouds are sometimes created by water molecules freezing around 'meteor smoke' in summer months. Best viewed at high latitudes but sightings have occurred as far south as Nebraska and Colorado.
June 10, 2013 - SPACE.com
- Richard prepares for the high altitude of Coors Field
San Diego tabs Clayton Richard, who has given up his share of homers this season, to start in the high altitude of Coors Field in the Padres-Rockies series finale. Opposing him will be Juan Nicasio, coming off a solid effort in a no-decision.
June 9, 2013 - San Diego Padres
- Company Profile for Altitude Digital
Altitude Digital is a leader in online display and video advertising technology. The company and its video division, Visualtising, empower online publishers to maximize their revenue by optimizing their ad space and eliminating unnecessary ad operations costs with a full-scale Supply Side Platform .
June 7, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Robert Gates in United Press International
I've directed the deployment again of THAAD (Terminal High Altitude Area Defense) missiles to Hawaii and the SBX (Sea Based X-Band) radar has deployed away from Hawaii to provide support,Gates said. "Without telegraphing what we will do, I...
- Gianluigi Buffon in Rediff
Thus the goalkeepers work even harder, but I don't think that we can take the ball or the altitude as excuses,he added.
- Oliver Kahn in The Associated Press
The balls have changed over the last couple of years. They have become a lot faster, and in addition to that in Johannesburg we are playing at an altitude of 1,700 meters, which makes the ball even faster,former Germany goalkeeper Oliver Kahn...