- n thickening of tissue in the motor tracts of the lateral columns and anterior horns of the spinal cord; results in progressive muscle atrophy that starts in the limbs
- n a silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite
- n a state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
- Studies have also indicated that Gulf War veterans developed amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease at twice the rate of nondeployed veterans, and .
- As a step along the way, iPS cells from patients with an inherited disease will offer opportunities to study illnesses such as als and Parkinson's and psychological ailments, as .
- The Sentinel has also turned up 25 ALS patients in Wisconsin who say they have been exposed to the fertilizer.
News & Articles
- Radio hosts fired for mocking former NFL player with ALS
Members of an Atlanta radio station were suspended and later fired after they made light of former New Orleans Saints safety Steve Gleason's battle with ALS, the Associated Press reported.
June 18, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- ALS TDI Tri-State Trek Charity Bike Ride to Take Place July 19-21
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The ALS Therapy Development Institute (ALS TDI) will hold its 11th annual Tri-State Trek charity cycling event on July 19-21, 2013. The Tri-State Trek is a three-day, 270 mile bike ride from Newton, MA to Greenwich, CT with the mission to end amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, Lou Gehrig's disease).(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Atlanta radio hosts fired after making fun of Steve Gleason, who suffers from ALS
If you're the kind of nimrod who thinks it's humorous to make fun of people suffering from ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) -- a disease that mercilessly takes away nearly every bodily function most of us take for granted ... well, … Continue reading ?
June 17, 2013 - Shutdown Corner via Yahoo! Sports
- Angela Lansbury in Hollywood Reporter
We use a bullet as a metaphor,says Lansbury, "and it's a very apt one. With ALS, you don't really know where it comes from, and you don't know when it might hit."
- Broc Glover in Motorcycle.com
They changed how motocross riding gear was manufactured and marketed,says Glover. "For me, on a personal level, I wore a set of pink gear. There was the DayGlo that David Bailey wore, the ALS helmet. They designed the V1000 and V2000 chest...
- Wally Buono in Canada.com
If I was the Als, last week, I'd rather be in their position,Buono said. "But today, I'd rather be in my position. When you've got the momentum, you keep the pedal to the metal. Look, you're talking to a guy who has been in more finals,...