- n wool of the alpaca
- n a thin glossy fabric made of the wool of the Lama pacos, or made of a rayon or cotton imitation of that wool
- n domesticated llama with long silky fleece; believed to be a domesticated variety of the guanaco
- One of the sharpest challenges yet to China's stifling attempts at Internet censorship comes in the form of a lowly alpaca.
- He wears a grey alpaca office coat.
- A recent challenge to China's stifling Internet censorship comes in the form of a lowly alpaca.
News & Articles
- Montgomery County 4-H Alpacateers Club hosts Alpaca Agility Invitational
When he first tells people about his interest in Alpaca's they find it weird but then Jonathan Love, 17, of Schwenksville tells them how much he makes for his skill of shearing Alpacas and the critics change their tune. Love, president of Montgomery County 4-H Club is involved with everything Alpaca - meeting monthly on Little Lost Creek Alpaca Farm in Salford for 4-H meetings and Alpaca ...
June 16, 2013 - The Reporter
- Kimbell Art Museum hosts first U.S. exhibition to explore the art of the Wari, ancient Peru's first empire
Bag with Human Face, Wari culture, Peru, 600–1000. Alpaca or llama hide, human hair, pigment, cotton, coca leaf contents, h. 10¼ in. (26 cm). The Cleveland Museum of Art, Leonard C. Hanna Jr. Fund. Image © The Cleveland Museum of Art.
June 15, 2013 - Art Daily
- Man killed bear near Rogersville; sightings increase in spring
The bear was in an alpaca pen. Conservation experts ask that folks try to prevent an encounter. ROGERSVILLE, Mo. -- Bear sightings are being reported all over the Ozarks right now, and experts say it's because of their searches for mates and food. A man near Rogersville came face to face with a bear before he shot and killed it last week on his farm. Conservation experts have some tips to help ...
June 13, 2013 - KY3 Springfield
- Joe Manchin in State Journal
They have a low impact on the land, and the value of the alpaca as livestock is more than just the industry it generates through their fleece,Manchin said. "This type of farming can also help to keep some of our family farms in place."
- Sherrod Brown in The Plain Dealer - cleveland.com
My dream is that we create a cottage industry, where we once again have some mills that can ultimately turn some of the best alpaca fleece in the world into fabric for garments made in this state and in the US,says US Sen. Sherrod Brown,...