- n aromatic West Indian tree that produces allspice berries
- n deciduous shrubs having aromatic bark; eastern China; southwestern and eastern United States
- n ground dried berrylike fruit of a West Indian allspice tree; suggesting combined flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg and cloves
- Sister Rose is so organized that she alphabetizes her kitchen so that the allspice would be stored next to the ant poison.
News & Articles
- The best jerk in Little Rock
No, you haven't stumbled onto the latest Arkansas Blog post about Mark Pryor vs. Tom Cotton — that's not the kind of jerk we're talking about. This jerk is an allspice and Scotch bonnet pepper mix from Jamaica that can do some pretty magical things when applied to chicken. I first tried jerk chicken years ago when a lady I worked with would bring some back from a Caribbean eatery in Chicago ...
Aug. 2, 2013 - Arkansas Times