- v distribute according to a plan or set apart for a special purpose
- The battle to succeed him will be bruising, as members attempt to allocate blame for the Foley mess.
- His assertion that President Medvedev and Prime Minister Putin "allocate power in accordance with Russia's form of government, in the same way we allocate power in the United .
- Lula has asked Brazil's Congress to allocate 10.
News & Articles
- N.J. Senate OKs open space spending
A resolution that would allocate $200 million a year to open space protection cleared the state Senate Thursday with near unanimous approval, moving one step closer to being put to the voters.
June 20, 2013 - The Record
- China to spend $767 billion on roads between 2013-2030
BEIJING (Reuters) - China will allocate about 4.7 trillion yuan ($767 billion) for road projects between 2013 and 2030, the Ministry of Transport said on Thursday, in the latest step by policymakers to ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- What Is The Most Popular 'Passion Investment'? It's Not Art
The 2013 World Wealth Report is out today and finds that high-net-worth investors around the world allocate the biggest chunk of their cash (31.6%) to watches, gems and jewelry. Collectibles such as antiques and wine come in at second place (24.4%), while luxury items such a flash cars and boats are the next most popular, at 19%. So-called passion investments in art come in fourth, with 16.9% of ...
June 19, 2013 - Forbes
- Jimmy Carter in Washington Post
The policy from the White House has been to allocate funds to religious institutions, even those that channel those funds exclusively to their own particular group of believers in a particular religion,Carter said. "As a traditional...
- Rick Wagoner in CanadianBusiness.com
...Rick Wagoner said at the annual meeting in Delaware that the Oshawa pickup truck plant east of Toronto will cease production in the third quarter of 2009 "and we don't have plans to allocate future products" - meaning a probable...
- Barack Obama in Newsweek
(Me too, Mr. President.) "My understanding is that President Medvedev is the president; Prime Minister Putin is the prime minister," Obama said. "And they allocate power in accordance with Russia's form of government, in the same way we...