alkali : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various water-soluble compounds capable of turning litmus blue and reacting with an acid to form a salt and water
- n a mixture of soluble salts found in arid soils and some bodies of water; detrimental to agriculture
- The Solution: Submerge the body in alkali and water.
- What we see here is a typical alkali flat, left when melting snow water and spring rains had passed.
- The Department did not like to hear ranchmen blame "alkali disease," because during the last century alkali disease afflicted the Indians inhabiting the same areas.
News & Articles
- S&P upgrades Olin Corp.
Standard & Poor's Ratings Service on Wednesday raised its rating on Olin Corp., saying it expects the chlor-alkali and ammunition producer's operating performance and credit metrics to improve. S&P raised ...
June 19, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Corporate Process and Process Safety Engineer
Opportunity in Vancouver for a Corporate Process and Process Safety Engineer for a large Chlor-Alkali manufacturing company. The position will be based at the company's state of the art production facility in North Vancouver.
June 18, 2013 - Rigzone