- n wood of any of various alder trees; resistant to underwater rot; used for bridges etc
- n north temperate shrubs or trees having toothed leaves and conelike fruit; bark is used in tanning and dyeing and the wood is rot-resistant
- But that European bug is also associated with alder trees rather than sycamores.
- In 1997, a South Korean businessman developed Dawn 808 (Dawn stands for Drinkers Are Winners Now), a canned tea-based drink made from alder leaves that claims to accelerate alcohol .
- The trees are local beech, ash, oak, alder and willow, among others but the money behind them isn't.
News & Articles
- Miller, Pioneers club Harrison Central; advance to Division II state title game By TIM Miller
Pictured left - Pioneer pitcher Brad Miller fires the ball toward the plate Friday morning at Huntington Park. Miller fanned eight and scattered six hits as Alder beat Harrison Central 11-1 in the Division II state semifinals.
June 11, 2013 - Marysville Journal-Tribune
- Platt: Alder and Pearl & Ash Deliver More Than They Promise
Like all great experimental artists , Wylie Dufresne has had times, during the course of his long and storied career, when he has strived so mightily to stay ahead of the curve that he’s ended up being ever so slightly behind it. Alder , which opened not long ago in a dimly lit bolt-hole of a space on lower Second Avenue, appears to have been designed to remedy this problem in one fell swoop ...
June 10, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Jonathan Alder 11, Harrison Central 1: Alder rides offense, Miller to state final
Jonathan Alder pitcher Brad Miller is a self-described sleep-in kind of guy, but he popped out of bed at 5:30 a.m. yesterday and ran 1 mile to get the blood circulating. It was the biggest day of his baseball life, with a starting assignment against Cadiz Harrison Central in a Division II state tournament semifinal at 10 a.m.
June 8, 2013 - The Columbus Dispatch
- St Ambrose in Runcorn World
Pauline, of St Ambrose Road, Widnes, said: "Mark was a happy-go-lucky lad. He was always laughing and joking. Everyone loved him. I want to thank Alder Hey. They couldn't have done more for him."
- Aidan Barclay in Liverpool Echo
Foundation spokesman and Sir David's son Aidan Barclay said: "We are both delighted to have the opportunity to play a small part, together with the staff, nurses and doctors, to help improve the lives of the many children who pass through Alder...
- Dave Cieslewicz in UW Badger Herald
Bryon Eagon has all the tools needed to be a great alder. He's bright, works hard, understands his district and cares deeply about the people he will represent,Cieslewicz said in a statement. "Bryon will be a strong voice for students on...