- n one who was versed in the practice of alchemy and who sought an elixir of life and a panacea and an alkahest and the philosopher's stone
- Alchemists turned out to be an un appreciated and neglected lot, because they failed to make gold.
- The breakthrough came in 1982, when Ovshinsky, the self-made alchemist, invented small, powerful batteries made from alloys called nickel metal hydrides.
- He knows almost instantly how you really feel about something, and in Hollywood, the capital city of smoke and mirrors, that instinctive, savant-like skill gives him an alchemist's .
- Harvey Weinstein in StreetInsider.com (subscription)
Harvey Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company stated: "Personally producing a project is rare for me, but bringing 'The Alchemist' to the screen has been my dream. It is a spiritual and moving story and I am thrilled to be working side by...
- Paulo Coelho in Independent
In a press release from Sea Lion Books, Coelho says of the project: "It was an old dream of mine to have The Alchemist as a graphic novel. I had received several proposals but none of them came anywhere near the classical vision I have in my mind...
- Jamie Spencer in Sportinglife.com
Spencer added: "First of all well done to David Sullivan and partners for having the guts to buy Royal Alchemist and also to her jockey Michael Tebbutt for setting such a lovely gallop. It made my job so easy and this fella is a little rocket. I was...