- n a republic in southeastern Europe on the Adriatic coast of the Balkan Peninsula
- Rebel a mayoral makeover salvaging albanias blighted capital seemed impossibleuntil mayor edi rama came back to town.
News & Articles
- Albania Election: Socialist Rama leads
TIRANA, Albania (AP) — Early election returns in Albania showed Edi Rama's Socialist coalition leading Monday in the popular vote count, but the conservative incumbents claimed that they still expected to win.
June 24, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Albania opposition scents poll victory, urges PM to quit
By Benet Koleka and Matt Robinson TIRANA (Reuters) - Albania's Socialist opposition urged Prime Minister Sali Berisha to accept defeat on Monday after it took a convincing lead in an election seen as a test of the NATO country's democratic credentials. A projection, based on 42 percent of votes counted, gave the Socialist Party of former Tirana mayor Edi Rama 84 of parliament's 140 seats, ahead ...
June 24, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Albania starts counting results in election marred by killing
TIRANA, Albania — Vote counting has begun a day after Albania's general election, which was marred by gunfire at a polling station which left one man dead and two others wounded.
June 24, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Sali Berisha in Forbes
We are determined to take any decision, pass any law and undertake any reform to make Albania appropriate to receive the invitationto join the western military alliance, Berisha said.
- President Bush in Sofia Echo
What is important for the people of Kosovo is that the US and Albania strongly support their independence,Bush said.
- John Le Carre in First Post
I just couldn't do it,says le Carre. "There was always an instinct towards corruption in him. And remember, he was responsible for sending countless British agents to their deaths, to be killed - 40 or more in Albania."