- Right after the film, Lindzen, who has criticized Gore's "shrill alarmism," sent the students into an uproar when he stood on the stage and said, "Al Gore lied to you.
- While accepting the broad arguments of the film, the judge pointed out nine scientific errors and omissions that he believes Gore raised in the context of alarmism and exaggeration.
- The pop-culture memory remains cluttered with the tendentious alarmism of the 1960s and with more recent, ham-fisted TV mega- epics such as World War III and The Day After.
- Maxime Bernier in Globe and Mail
It would certainly be irresponsible to spend billions of dollars and impose exaggeratedly severe regulations to solve a problem whose gravity we're still far from discerning,Bernier wrote. "The alarmism that has often characterized this...
- Richard Lindzen in National Post
As Lindzen wrote earlier this year in The Wall Street Journal, "there is a more sinister side to this feeding frenzy. Scientists who dissent from the alarmism have seen their grant funds disappear, their work derided, and themselves libeled as...
- Rosa Russo Iervolino in Washington Post
Any kind of alarmism is baseless and founded only on emotions, amplified by the international media,Naples Mayor Rosa Russo Iervolino said in a statement, adding that she had protested to the embassy about the warning and asked for it to be...