- n a state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
- n a member of the Muskhogean people formerly living in what is now the state of Alabama
- n a river in Alabama formed by the confluence of the Coosa and Tallapoosa Rivers near Montgomery; flows southwestward to become a tributary of the Mobile River
- n the Muskhogean language of the Alabama
- Lane Kiffin in USA Today
I'm sure we'll get one of those letters that really means nothing as Bobby got last week, but Florida and Alabama live on,Kiffin said.
- Nick Saban in International Herald Tribune
The University of Alabama, the team and the football program are more important than any individual player,Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban said in a statement Monday. "Everyone on our team depends on each other to be responsible, to make...
- Charlie Crist in The Associated Press
You know, whether you're in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana or in my Florida, it's important to have the leader of the free world come down here and pay attention to what's happening,Crist said on CBS' "Face the Nation." "So we're grateful...