- n a silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite
- n a state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
News & Articles
- Al Qaeda boss asserts self
President Obama says al Qaeda's core is headed for defeat, but the man who succeeded bin Laden is still giving orders.
June 12, 2013 - CNN
- Al Golden: Gabe Terry’s days are done as a Miami Hurricane
Al Golden: Gabe Terry’s days are done as a Miami Hurricane
June 12, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Al Qaeda, Sunni insurgents exploit Iraq's sectarian woes
By Suadad al-Salhy and Patrick Markey BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Masked gunmen stopped the bus full of Shi'ite Muslim police officers and families at what looked like an Iraqi army checkpoint on a western desert highway in the Sunni-dominated province of Anbar. Two of the gunmen asked passengers one by one where they were from and then shot 14 dead in their seats, leaving one woman alive with a simple ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Toronto Star
In a break between huddles with early arrivals Sunday, Obama outlined the stakes for the two-day summit, warning: "Organizations like Al Qaeda are in the process of trying to secure a nuclear weapon - a weapon of mass destruction that they have no...
- David Petraeus in RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
We are engaged in a tough fight. After years of war, we have arrived at a critical moment,he said. "We must demonstrate to the Afghan people and to the world that Al-Qaeda and its network of extremist allies will not be allowed to once...
- President Bush in Times Online
Some say the gains we are making in Iraq come too late,Mr Bush said. "They are mistaken. It is never too late to deal a blow to al-Qaeda. It is never too late to advance freedom. And it is never too late to support our troops in a fight...