- n a device that provides reactive force when in motion relative to the surrounding air; can lift or control a plane in flight
- He showed the airfoil to a pilot friend, Floyd Fogleman, who concluded that Kline had inadvertently discovered "a whole new concept in aerodynamics.
- Cause is an area of excessively compressed air, built up by the airfoil's passage.
- Once he had learned that air, moving over a still airfoil, also generates lift, Custer went on to investigate the principle of the Venturi tube.
News & Articles
- DX Motorized Impeller (DC)
Continental Fan's DX Motorized Impellers are superbly crafted and precision balanced air-moving devices, featuring superior performance and compact design. By combining the efficiency of a backward curved airfoil wheel with the advanced technology of a DC external rotor motor, new standards for air performance and sound levels have been achieved. DX Impellers are completely speed controllable ...
June 20, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Palm Beach Aircraft Propeller Acquires AeroScan
AeroScan M5 'Blade Measuring System' is once again in production. AeroScan M5 is an aircraft propeller blade measuring system which accurately measures five dimensions of a propeller blade airfoil at each station.
June 19, 2013 - Aircraft Maintenance Technology
- James Dyson in Tom's Guide
Dyson described in its press release: "Air is drawn into the base of the machine. The air is forced up into the loop amplifier and accelerated through the 1.3mm annular aperture, creating a jet of air that hugs the airfoil-shaped ramp. While exiting...