ahimsa : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a Buddhist and Hindu and especially Jainist doctrine holding that all forms of life are sacred and urging the avoidance of violence
- What sort of ahimsa (non-violence) is this? His principle of peace was bogus.
- The meeting was broken up, but not before other speakers read the last message from Gandhi: "Every man is free to go to the fullest length under ahimsa (non violence) for .
- Then it would be the purest form of ahimsa on my part to put an end to her life and surrender myself to the fury of the incensed ruffian.
- APJ Abdul Kalam in Indian Muslims
This is the land of Mahatama Gandhi who stood for the principle of Sarvoday, taking development to the last man, but the BJP regime has pushed the people to the margins. The Congress stands for 'Satya Ahimsa Parmodharama' (truth and non-violence... Sushil Kumar Shinde http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushilkumar_Shinde&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHgnCT6pSgdzzmxe3hcS_dYDMpGuw Indian Muslims http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.indianmuslims.info/news/2007/dec/02/congress_promises_developed_secure_gujarat.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF6UqdouRWju4tWQ-5Pdq24oPSG9w Dec 2, 2007
2219 2940 ahimsa Greeting the citizens, Kalam said: Lord Mahavir renounced the world for the cause of humanity and preached ahimsa (non violence), truth and compassion. May his noble teachings continue to inspire us to strive for love, peace, harmony and amity and...
- Russell Simmons in Earthtimes.org
Yoga teaches the practice of ahimsa-nonviolence,Simmons said. "And few things are more violent than the way cows, chickens, pigs, ducks, and other food animals are treated on factory farms. These atrocities happen every single day, and we...