agnosticism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a religious orientation of doubt; a denial of ultimate knowledge of the existence of God
agnosticism holds that you can neither prove nor disprove God's existence
- n the disbelief in any claims of ultimate knowledge
- But the suave sophisticates, the dreamy litterateurs who read the Nation and Athenaeum (London weekly) leaned toward atheism, agnosticism.
- When Kerry got home from the war, he went through what he calls a "period of a little bit of anger and agnosticism, but subsequently, I did a lot of reading and a lot of thinking .
- The novel experiment in Protestant monasticism was begun by Roger Schutz, 45, the ninth child of a Swiss Calvinist pastor and a French mother, who turned from agnosticism to study .
News & Articles
- A Republican greens can support
By Anthony Figliola New Jersey Gov. Christie has come under intense criticism for his agnosticism on climate change. However, it's important to note that he is a national leader on other environmental causes.
July 22, 2013 - Philly.com
- Greg Abbott in Capitol Hill Blue
I hope and believe the United States Supreme Court is not going to force agnosticism upon the people of this state and this country,Abbott said. "The First Amendment was never intended to remove all religious expression from the public...
- Pope John Paul II in FOXNews
John Paul added: "An effective proclamation of the Gospel in contemporary Western society will need to confront directly the widespread spirit of agnosticism and relativism which has cast doubt on reason's ability to know the truth, which alone...