aggravate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make worse
This drug aggravates the pain
- v exasperate or irritate
- The Communists, who know that French fear of Germany could wreck the conference, hastened to aggravate these fears; L'Humanit cried: "Let French Mothers Again Tremble!".
- Removing these trees could aggravate the impact of the next big storm.
- Instead, it has been allowed to aggravate, with little effort being exerted within and outside the Security Council.
News & Articles
- No clear link between weather and fibromyalgia
By Kerry Grens NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Despite common complaints that the weather can aggravate fibromyalgia symptoms, a new study finds little consistency in the type of weather conditions linked to worsening of the mysterious pain syndrome. Furthermore, "the few significant associations that we found (between weather and fibromyalgia symptoms) were very small, too small to affect daily ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- British Columbia rejects oil pipeline, casting Keystone in new light
The Canadian west coast province of British Columbia has rejected a proposed pipeline to bring oil sands to its ports. The decision likely means more troubles for the proposed and hotly debated Keystone XL pipeline through the United States to Texas refineries. Activists are fighting hard against Keystone XL, arguing it would aggravate global warming. On the other hand, the U.S. State Department ...
June 11, 2013 - PRI Public Radio International
- Sharon Hom in Reuters South Africa
This provocative decision -- with the blessing of the International Olympic Committee -- could aggravate tensions and undermine the fragile process to find a peaceful long-term solution for Tibet and the region,said Human Rights in China...
- Dwyane Wade in CNN International
I'm a fast healer, but my doctor really wants to make sure I'm well and I'm healthy and we don't have to go through this process again,Wade said. "He'd rather for me not to rush back to get in training camp and maybe aggravate something...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in International Herald Tribune
The North should refrain from violating this resolution and also from any and all provocative actions that could harm the six-party talks and aggravate the tensions in the region,Clinton said.