- n any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent
- n a colloidal extract of algae; used especially in culture media and as a gelling agent in foods
- Agar-agar is a gelatinous protein, essential in hospital laboratories for the culture and identification of bacteria and the testing of serums and antitoxins.
- It may be one of the more unlikely food crazes of recent times, but agar-agar (the flavorless, seaweed-based thickener used in soups and jellies) is hip at least in Japan .
- The agar was laced with silver nitrate and potassium chromate.
News & Articles
- The Sweet Taste of Conservation | Scientist in vivo
According to many biologists, you don't really know your research inside and out until you've tasted what you study (there is, quite literally, a badge of honor for it). I've known biologists who have chugged shots of plankton, taken bites from agar plates, and some have even drank water that's a billion years old to attain the dubious honor. You'd be surprised* just how many times I've gotten ...
June 18, 2013 - Discover
- Why Pay For Performance SEO Is Really Too Good To Be True (Provided You’re Cautious Enough) by @resultfirst
image credit: ShutterStock The other day I dropped by a small tea stall near my house and one of my friends jokingly said to the tea guy: “hum paise tabhi denge agar chai achi hogi” (we’ll pay you only if you delight us with your tea). Now that’s a pretty natural instinct. We don’t like [...] Author information Ruchi Pardal Ruchi Pardal is Director of ResultFirst , a firm that works on pay-for ...
June 17, 2013 - Search Engine Journal
- ACCOMACK: Police say alleged county arsonists targeted Facebook user
Suspected arsonist Tonya S. Bundick is escorted back to Accomack County Jail after a Circuit judge denied her bond appeal on Monday, May 6, 2013. Bundick is now being held on a single count of arson, but Commonwealth's Attorney Gary Agar said he plans to charge her with over 70 arsons in the near future.
June 14, 2013 - Eastern Shore News
- Kapil Dev in Press Trust of India
Agar aap poochte hain toh dukh to hai. Hamaare paas 300 bachche hain par saamne wala (BCCI) baat hi karne ko taiyaar nahi hai (If you ask, I'm of course disheartened. We have 300 youngsters but the other party is not even ready to talk),said...
- Gulzar in Times of India
Woh khabar ek hi din ayi aur bandh ho gayi, na mere ghar par koi CBI ayi, na koi police ayi, aur na hi koi hawaldar aya. Agar isme koi sachayi hoti to koi na koi ghar aa hi gaya hota. (This news was there for a day only. If there was some truth in... Akshay Kumar http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akshay_Kumar&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEM4stC9OSNe0S_7EeNpE3I2kDFhg Hindustan Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindustantimes.com/Twinkle-didn-t-attend-Dawood-s-parties/Article1-558180.aspx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGU0bel9ZgiyF63HKF7xitsemMl-w Jun 15, 2010
1988 2659 agar Gulzar responds with, Agar naam nahin churaya, toh kya ab maine joota churaya hai? Arre, maine toh woh bhi nahin kiya hai. Sirf bagal mein rakh ke dauda hoon!"