- n a dish served as the last course of a meal
- After the revolution comes the Realpolitik, and happy-ever-afters soon dissolve.
- All of them, except the Austen, are what's known in the romance-novel business as HEAs (happily-ever-afters), and none of them are remotely stirring, although Good Luck Chuck is .
- By the time Queen Elizabeth's youngest son took a bride last Saturday, all the allusions to fairy-tale princesses and royal happily-ever-afters had been used and then discredited .
- Susan Sarandon in Kansas City Star
Having spent her life as if on an extreme cocktail of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, Giselle is banished to Manhattan, "a place where there are no happily-ever-afters" as evil queen Susan Sarandon calls it.