- n (immunology) the attraction between an antigen and an antibody
- n (anthropology) kinship by marriage or adoption; not a blood relationship
- n (biology) state of relationship between organisms or groups of organisms resulting in resemblance in structure or structural parts
in anatomical structure prehistoric man shows close affinity with modern humans
- n a close connection marked by community of interests or similarity in nature or character
found a natural affinity with the immigrants
- n the force attracting atoms to each other and binding them together in a molecule
basic dyes have an affinity for wool and silk
- n inherent resemblance between persons or things
- n a natural attraction or feeling of kinship
an affinity for politics
the mysterious affinity between them
James's affinity with Sam
- He also says that Bond's affinity for Bollinger champagne has not quite caught on with typical American drinkers.
- Growing up in the Garden State, Bargmann developed an affinity for befouled terrain during drives past the industrial dumps in New Jersey's Meadowlands.
- In fact, he is a former member of Wind, a popular Shanghai hip-hop outfit, but says he has always had a special affinity for Kunqu, which he began studying at the age of 8.
News & Articles
- Rupert Grint: Affinity Real Estate Shooting Stars Benefit Dinner
Rupert Grint wears a skeleton tee under his blazer at the Affinity Real Estate Shooting Stars Benefit Welcome Pairing Dinner held at Asprey, New Bond Street on Thursday night (June 13) in London, England. The 24-year-old actor will hit the green today for the event which will raise money for the Samuel L Jackson Foundation [...]
June 14, 2013 - Just Jared Jr.
- Affinity Gold Corp. Signs Letter Of Intent To Develop Near-term Production Asset
MAPLE GROVE, Minn., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Affinity Gold Corp. (OTC Pink: AFYG) ("Affinity" or "the Company") announces it has entered into a Letter of Intent with Corizona Mining ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Affinity Gaming Announces Extension of the Exchange Offer for Its 9.00% Senior Notes Due 2018
Affinity Gaming today announced that it has extended its exchange offer of its 9.00% Senior Notes due 2018, which have been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, for all outstanding 9.00% Senior Notes due 2018 that were issued and sold by Affinity and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Affinity Gaming Finance Corp., in May 2012 in a private placement offering.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Tony Hayward in The Associated Press
Having grown up in Mississippi, Bob has a deep appreciation and affinity for the Gulf Coast, and believes deeply in BP's commitment to restore the region,Hayward said.
- Barack Obama in New York Times
I think Bill Clinton did have an enormous affinity with the African-American community,Mr. Obama said, praising Mr. Clinton for his longtime commitment to racial equality as a man who grew up in the South.
- Tiger Wood in 940 News
I feel very comfortable here,Woods said. "I can read the greens. Even though they're a little bouncy, I can still read them, and I read them well. It's just one of those things where some people just have an affinity for certain golf...