- n an airfield equipped with control tower and hangars as well as accommodations for passengers and cargo
- Two polite gentlemen on ITMA are always saying to each other: "After you, Claude"; "After you, Cecil"phrases which bomber pilots frequently use when circling an aerodrome.
- Edward of Wales alighted last week at Cambridge aerodrome in his usual high spirits.
- A flying speck vanished away from the aerodrome at Le Bourget, outside Paris.
- Ilir Meta in WAM - Emirates News Agency
Albanian Deputy Prime Minister Ilir Meta said: "This Airport shall bear for ever the name of a great world personality, as Sheikh Zayed was and remains by virtue of his work; it was thanks to his personal engagement that the Kukes Aerodrome adjusted...
- Franklin D Roosevelt in Stuff.co.nz
Martyn notes that the plan turned out 130,000 aircrew in Canada alone and that United States President Franklin Delano Roosevelt called the enterprise the "Aerodrome of Democracy". "Amazingly, of 50 volumes of official history. . ., many of...
- Meg Munn in The Star
Meg Munn, who represents Heeley, said: "There is land coming available through changes to schools, the old Norton aerodrome could be used. We are not a city that is short of space."