advocacy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n active support of an idea or cause etc.; especially the act of pleading or arguing for something
- Many historians dismiss his thinking, but Barton's advocacy organization, WallBuilders, and his relentless stream of publications, court amicus briefs and books like The Myth of .
- She played a major advocacy role in the reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act in 2000 and 2005 and has assisted states and local communities with implementation of this .
- His comments have not surprisingly sparked a flurry of criticism from gay advocacy groups and lawmakers, but they are unlikely to change the status quo.
News & Articles
- Watershed advocacy groups to meet in Hingham forum on water issues
South Shore watershed advocacy groups kick off monthly forums
June 18, 2013 - The Patriot Ledger
- Family Advocacy Day Ambassador
Colin Breach, a patient of Dayton Children's Hospital, discusses his upcoming trip to Washington, D.C. to fight for Family Advocacy Day. His mission is to persuade lawmakers to give money to hospitals across the nation to help treat children.
June 18, 2013 - WDTN-TV 2 Dayton
- Who's Responsible for Investigating Missing Court Transcripts in Colorado Federal Criminal Court Case, Asks Advocacy ...
Advocacy group, A Just Cause, and supporters of six Colorado executives known as the IRP 6 are urging citizens to write letters to Tenth Circuit Chief Judge Mary Beck Briscoe and the Director of the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, the Honorable Judge John D. Bates, requesting an investigation into the alleged mishandling of court transcripts crucial to the defendants' appeal. (PRWeb ...
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Michael Bloomberg in Globe and Mail
His advocacy and writings profoundly influenced every sphere of aging policy and programs, from the creation of an aging network to services for caregivers,Mayor Michael Bloomberg said.
- Barack Obama in Forbes
In an interview broadcast Monday on ABC's "Good Morning America," Obama said the former president "has taken his advocacy on behalf of his wife to a level that I think is pretty troubling" by making statements that are not supported by the facts.
- Mitch McConnell in The Washington Independent
I do not have confidence that if she were confirmed to a lifetime position on the Supreme Court she would suddenly constrain the ardent political advocacy that has marked much of her adult life,he said in a press release. "The American...