- n a catecholamine secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress (trade name Adrenalin); stimulates autonomic nerve action
- Since the recent use of adrenalin to resuscitate adults at the point of death from shock (TiME, April 14), the extract has again been employed with apparent success to start the .
- If, during an operation, a patient's pulse suddenly stops because of anesthesia, a surgeon injects adrenalin directly into his heart.
- There's nothing quite like the adrenaline rush of speeding down a freeway on a Harley-Davidson V-Twin motorcycle.
News & Articles
- Two killed in Ohio stunt plane crash
Some people are just adrenalin junkies and live life to the fullest by performing crazy stunts. Take Nik Wallenda who’s about to walk a tight rope across the Grand Canyon without a safety net live on TV or Jane Wicker, …
June 23, 2013 - CW39 NewsFix
- Jim Flaherty in Toronto Star
Noting corporate tax cuts announced last month and the "substantial shot of adrenalin" for manufacturers with an accelerated capital cost allowance measure introduced last March, Flaherty said: "The manufacturing sector has asked us to extend...
- Chris Young in TriValley Central
Adrenalin was flowing and at that point, you're just trying to see it and hit it,Young said. "He gave me a good pitch to hit. I knew it had a chance."