epinephrin : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a catecholamine secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress (trade name Adrenalin); stimulates autonomic nerve action
- Sure enough, after epinephrine was administered, the patient lost consciousness and drifted toward death although just before he died, the simulation ended.
- When the threat passes, epinephrine and norepinephrine levels drop, but if danger comes too often they can damage the arteries.
- A few months before Noah went off to camp, she woke up one night to find him covered in hives, coughing and gasping, and she had to jam a syringe full of epinephrine into his thigh .
News & Articles
- States enact laws to stock epinephrine at schools
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — When a third-grade student who had been stung by a wasp developed welts on his neck and had trouble breathing, school nurse Amanda Williams had the necessary dose of epinephrin
Oct. 18, 2013 - The Palladium-Times