adornment : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a decoration of color or interest that is added to relieve plainness
- n the action of decorating yourself with something colorful and interesting
- Bralessness, that badge of liberation and adornment of the agein some cases, at leastmay be an insupportable custom.
- Once the adornment of gangsters, sailors and other members of the demimonde, tattoos today decorate the lower backs, arms and ankles of everyone from millionaire soccer players to .
- For another, each tie-dyed pattern is unique, an unautomated adventure in personal adornment.
News & Articles
- Royal Adornment, Bejeweled Weapons And Rare Gems At Vegas Antique Jewelry Show
It?s one of the more low-key events along the high-octane ?Strip? during Las Vegas Jewelry Week. However, the Las Vegas Antique Jewelry & Watch Show more than makes up for it with estate pieces from Kings and Queens, rare gems, signature jewelry, and adornment and objects of historical significance.
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Michelle Malkin in Melbourne Herald Sun
The kaffiyeh "has come to symbolise murderous Palestinian jihad. Popularized by Yasser Arafat and a regular adornment of Muslim terrorists appearing in beheading and hostage-taking videos, the apparel has been mainstreamed by both ignorant (and...
- Hodding Carter in USA Today
It is something that I really understand and respect, having suffered, as anybody does, from having a father whose name was going to be my curse as well as my adornment,Hodding III said. "He's gotten way past the curse."