- n a condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people
- An old railroad adage holds that "the faster a passenger train moves, the more other traffic is retarded.
- Realistically appraising the degrees of their own recovery and the hazard of relapse under pressure, they confirmed the adage "It takes one to know one.
- As Bush likes to say, quoting the old political adage, "If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
News & Articles
- The $1.25 Billion Price Tag For Fixing Detroit
The old adage, 'You have to spend money to save money" is front of mind in Detroit this weekend. Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr's plan to fix the city isn't just a cost-cutting program. He believes the city needs to spend money, too, and puts the price tag at $1.25 billion.
June 15, 2013 - Forbes
- Bride starts wedding day with visit to dad's grave; photo goes viral
The old adage "a picture is worth a thousand words" seems to be true, after a photo snapped on a bride's wedding day has gone viral -- receiving attention from around the world.
June 14, 2013 - KCRA 3 Sacramento
- Dunkin' Donuts worker endures rant in viral video
The adage, “The customer is always right,” carried a lot of weight for a business when a patron feels wronged, according to KSLA.com. What happens, though, when the wronged patron records a profanity-laden tirade targeting workers? That very scene is the center of an Internet video that has garnered national attention and praise toward a Dunkin’ Donuts employee who bore the weight of the ...
June 14, 2013 - The Oklahoman
- Nathan Mayer Rothschild in Reuters
Perhaps in future it would be better if all involved accepted the age-old adage that private parties are just that,Rothschild said in a letter from his home in Switzerland. "It ill behoves all political parties to try and make capital at...
- Brian Billick in Forbes
Any time you play the Colts and Peyton Manning, the old adage is true: It's hard to score when you're not on the field,Ravens coach Brian Billick said.
- Darren Sharper in Minneapolis Star Tribune
It can be scary because you know [Detroit is] going to come out fighting,Sharper said. "That old adage of a dog backed into a corner. They're going to know that we're the first-place team now in the NFC North and they're going to give us...