- a relating to or exhibiting actinism
- While covered with perspiration people sunburn very slowly because sweat filters out the burning actinic rays of the sun.
- The evident interest of your readers in ultraviolet light and heliotherapy leads us to inform you that actinic glass which transmits this radiation is already available on a .
- Cellulose nitrate was the first binder used; actinic rays in sunshine turned this disagreeably brown.
News & Articles
- Seen At 11: New Treatments Go Below The Surface To Stop Skin Cancer Before It Starts
Actinic keratoses look like red, scaly patches and are usually found on sun-exposed skin like backs of hands, balding scalps, ears, and the face. The keratoses can usually be frozen off with liquid nitrogen, but they could signal a more serious problem.
June 11, 2013 - CBS New York
- Research and Markets: Global Actinic Keratosis Pipeline Capsule - 2013
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Actinic Keratosis Pipeline Capsule - 2013" report
June 6, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Added benefit of ingenol mebutate is not proven
( Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care ) In an early benefit assessment, IQWiG examined whether ingenol mebutate offers an added benefit in the treatment of certain forms of actinic keratosis. Such an added benefit cannot be derived from the dossier, however, as the manufacturer did not submit any relevant data. This is the conclusion of a dossier assessment by the German IQWiG ...
June 6, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Mal Evans in Medical News Today (press release)
The current treatment for actinic keratoses is removal by freezing which can be painful or the application of a cream that causes inflammation and blistering of the skin,said Evans. "We expect Dermytol(TM) to be a welcome option."