- a capable of being acted; suitable for the stage
an actable scene
- The five comedies, which were the first breath of life on the Italian stage since Plautus, would be actable today but for the censor.
- What De Niro proves in Midnight Run is that it is a wonderfully actable part.
- Most of O Mistress Mine is about as realand as valuableas stage money, but it has a lot of actable scenes am passably agile dialogue.
- Anthony Burgess in PR Web (press release)
As to why he wrote a stage version, Burgess responded "It is to provide a definitive actable version which has auctorial authority. And, moreover, it is a version which, unlike Kubrick's cinema adaptation, draws on the entirety of the book,...
- Linda Lavin in Wilmington Morning Star
Doubt is a chance to illustrate what we love about theater,Lavin said last week by phone. "There are four wonderful parts that are actable, emotional, challenging. The play is provocative and packs a wallop in a short amount of time; it's...
- Laura Linney in ic Wales
Everything we needed was in that script,says Linney. "It was perfect. I've only seen that a few times. By that, I mean ready to go, actable, ready to be made. That doesn't happen too often. You Can Count on Me was one of them. The Squid...