- n an area of ground used for some particular purpose (such as building or farming)
he wanted some acreage to build on
- The principal control device is the acreage allotmenta farmer is assigned a certain number of acres, depending on how many acres of that particular crop he grew in the past.
- To continue getting supports at 90%, cotton farmers last year voted to reduce their acreage by 12% and to market no more cotton than they could grow on the reduced acreage.
- Sternly trying not to look over his shoulder at political hobgoblins, Secretary of Agriculture Ezra Taft Benson last week announced that a ruling known as "total acreage allotment".
News & Articles
- File crop acreage by July 15
Benton County producers are reminded to submit their annual acreage report to our office by July 15, 2013, to meet FSA program eligibility requirements. Accurate and timely acreage reports for all crops and land uses are necessary to determine and maintain eligibility as well as to receive maximum FSA benefits for certain FSA programs. Producers [...]
June 21, 2013 - Star Press Union
- Crop acreage report deadline announced
Crop acreage report deadline announced: Randy Madsen, county executive director for the Scott County Farm Agency office, has announced that area farmers and landowners have until Monday, July 15, to report their 2013 planted crop acreage to the agency office.
June 20, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Managed haying of CRP acreage available after Aug. 1
Brad Pfaff, State Executive Director of the Wisconsin Farm Service Agency (FSA) announced that participants enrolled in the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) may request to hay certain acreage enrolled in CRP. The earliest date that any CRP acreage can be hayed is August 2. Managed grazing of acreage is also allowed under certain rules.
June 20, 2013 - Dairy Herd
- Peter Voser in MarketWatch (press release)
Shell's Chief Executive Officer Peter Voser commented: "We are enhancing our world-wide Upstream portfolio for profitable growth, through exploration and focused acquisitions, and through divestment of non-core positions. These acreage additions...
- Jeroen van der Veer in Times Online
Jeroen van der Veer, Shell's chief executive, said: "Duvernay could become a valuable part of the Shell portfolio, where we can add value through technology and scale. The combination of Duvernay's acreage with Shell's proven operating experience...
- Nancy Pelosi in Forbes
However, bearing in mind a rise in exploration spend to nearly $1bn this year together with significant additions of fresh acreage in established areas such as the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a continuing drive to access new provinces around the... Tony Hayward http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Hayward&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGLRFV7cE8MSvUi-nsGdHQY29C5Vw EasyBourse.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.easybourse.com/bourse-actualite/bp/bp-sees-4-m-barrels-a-day-by-2012-based-on-S60-oil-price-GB0007980591-403839&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGuShs9Yo7kXd3HjU-R_G6tQomktA Feb 27, 2008
974 1473 acres Once again, the oilman in the White House is echoing the demands of Big Oil," said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. "The Bush plan is a hoax. It will neither reduce gas prices nor increase energy independence. It just gives millions more acres to...