- n someone who maintains and audits business accounts
- If there breathes an accountant with a soul dead to every healthy human instinct for mischief, he may never have imagined the fun of playing hob with a company's books.
- An accountant told Geithner in 2006 that overnight camps were not eligible for a tax break, according to the Senate Finance Committee report.
- An accountant by training who favors Hugo Boss shirts and designer suits, he maintains some traditional viewshe believes women should wear headscarves, for examplebut Khaled .
- Al Franken in TIME
What happened is our accountant made a mistake, and all of these are repercussions of that same mistake,said Franken. "His mistake was not understanding the law, the obligation to pay these state taxes."
- Scott Verplank in Chicago Tribune
The other night I was like an accountant trying to get all these tickets into the right envelope,Verplank said. "I think I put 15 envelopes at Will Call. I'm like, OK, that's enough, I'm done with it."
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
At this point, I'm only invested in mutual funds or cash or money market accounts. That's my instruction to my accountant,Obama said. "We are not going to own individual stocks precisely because it raises questions like this."