accolade : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a tangible symbol signifying approval or distinction
- A new type of accolade, which radio piously hopes will rank with journalism's Pulitzer Prizes and cinema's Oscars, was awarded for the first time last week.
- The cozy 38-seat Iggy's in Singapore recently won the highest accolade from the new Miele guide, Asia's answer to the Michelin.
- Between 1939-1954, Cannes' highest accolade was called the Grand Prix du Festival International du Film.
News & Articles
- Sonoraville's Kristi Vaughn earns national honor
Kristi Vaughn from Sonoraville High School and the North Georgia Rage Volleyball Club has received her second national accolade from the Junior Volleyball Association in a month.
June 12, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Accolades keep coming for Martin
Just five days after being part of Central Alabama Community College’s first baseball World Series championship, B.J. Martin’s exciting week continued with a tremendous accolade.
June 12, 2013 - The Daily News
- The Dylan Hotel Earns 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
Only the top-performing 10 percent of businesses listed on TripAdvisor receive this prestigious award. The Dylan Hotel, a newly renovated 58 room boutique hotel, located one mile south of the San Francisco International Airport (SFO) received the accolade, which honors hospitality excellence. (PRWeb June 11, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/TheDylanHotel ...
June 11, 2013 - PRWeb
- Lewis Hamilton in Washington Post
It's a great accolade to have, a great title to have next to your name,Hamilton said of his F1 drivers' championship. "I've reset the targets again. I want to be world champion again, although it will be tough this year."
- Ben Gibbard in Washington Post
I'm not going to lie, having the number one record is quite an accolade and is very exciting,said Gibbard in an interview backstage before the band's Bonnaroo performance. "But the fact that that many people had to go out and have it on...
- President Bush in ESPN
Baseball and the baseball writers will have to make the determination as to whether or not he would receive the highest accolade of all, which would be to be admitted into the baseball Hall of Fame,Bush said.