abolishment : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of abolishing a system or practice or institution (especially abolishing slavery)
- His followers emphasize the unity of mankind, universal peace, abolishment of extreme inequalities of wealth, and a world faith absorbing all religions now extant.
- From the other side of the ethnic divide, leading Bosniak politician Haris Silajdzic repeatedly calls for the abolishment of the Serbian Republic, which he sees as a product of a .
- He has helped lead the nation toward theocracy and abolishment of the constitutional separation of church and state.
News & Articles
- Juneteenth Celebration
BINGHAMTON -- Dozens celebrate the end of slavery in the United States. Saturday was Juneteenth-- a holiday that commemorates the abolishment of slavery in the United States in 1865. The celebration lasted all afternoon at Columbus Park on Carroll Street. Mayor Matt Ryan and Assemblywoman Donna Lupardo were both guest speakers at the event. People came to enjoy food, music, and learn more about ...
June 16, 2013 - FOX 40 Binghamton
- First Parade Crosses Railroad Tracks in Midland Since November Train Tragedy
On Saturday, many members of the community came out to celebrate the Juneteenth parade, which honors the abolishment of slavery in Texas.
June 16, 2013 - News West 9 Midland
- A Botched Attack on IRS Budget
An ad calling for the abolishment of the IRS incorrectly claimed that the federal agency’s budget increased by $2 billion. In fact, it’s down by nearly $1 billion during President Barack Obama’s first term. To its credit, though, Americans for Fair Taxation, the group behind the ad, removed the $2 … More >>
June 14, 2013 - FactCheck.org via Yahoo! News
- Shinzo Abe in International Herald Tribune
As a Nagasaki native and as the defense minister, he needs to continue to show his leadership toward nuclear abolishment,Abe said Sunday.
- Gerald Cardinale in myfoxny.com
It is appalling that the speaker would announce that he intends to move forward with the abolishment of the death penalty only days after the election,Cardinale said. "The voters should have had the opportunity to decide this issue instead...
- Tadatoshi Akiba in CNN
Hiroshima Mayor Tadatoshi Akiba, who each year issues a Declaration of Peace for the anniversary, described it as "a time of inheritance, of awakening and of commitment ...... to the abolishment of nuclear weapons and the realization of genuine...