ablate : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v wear away through erosion or vaporization
- v remove an organ or bodily structure
- Earth is constantly bombarded by small meteorites that ablate and burn in the upper atmosphere.
- These minimally invasive surgeries can ablate or destroy a tumor using radiofrequency or lasers via a probe not much bigger than an IV needle.
- MRgFUS is a non-invasive procedure that uses high-intensity ultrasound waves to heat and destroy (ablate) uterine fibroids.
- Barry Schuler in Wired News
You could have cancer in your arm,says Schuler. "We could figure out the ablate frequency of a cancer cell. We zap your arm with the laser, destroying the cancer cells, while leaving the healthy ones intact."