abhorrence : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n hate coupled with disgust
- Of importance in Mexican politics was a grave pronouncement at Mexico City last week in which the Catholic Church reviewed and re-emphasized its abhorrence of what the Church .
- The mullahs, for all their abhorrence of the decadent excesses of modernism, have traditionally been political progressives and nationalists in their outlook.
- The Protestants of the Reformation expressed some of the same abhorrence of icons.
News & Articles
- A Redskin Fan's Guide to Hating the Dallas Cowboys
So, you're a Redskins fan? Are you really? Sure, you know all the words to "Hail to the Redskins." You can name the weight of each of the Hogs and you know the astronomical signs of Joe Gibbs' grandchildren. That's great and all, but there's one thing a true Redskins fan must always possess. A pure, unbridled abhorrence of the Dallas Cowboys . In case you forgot how much you despised "America ...
July 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Shaukat Aziz in USA Today
Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh declared his country's "abhorrence for this heinous terrorist act," and expressed his condolences by telephone to Pakistani Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz, according to Singh's office.
- Eric Joyce in New Zealand Herald
We should be looking at what is going on in Uganda with abhorrence,said Labour MP Eric Joyce. "We should be condemning it, and the BBC should be condemning it."
- Elliot Dorff in Dallas Morning News (blog)
And, specifically, in Leviticus Chapter 22 it says "Do not lie with a male as one lies with a woman; it is an abhorrence."