abaya : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Arabic) a loose black robe from head to toe; traditionally worn by Muslim women
- The woman was short and stout, wore a billowing black gown known as an abaya, and her face was veiled.
- Michael Jackson, left, wearing an abaya, a traditional women's veil and gown, on a visit to Bahrain in 2006.
- The woman wore a billowing black gown known as an abaya, and her face was veiled.
News & Articles
- MyBatua to Launch Latest Abaya Collection on Eid
Just imagine the feeling one experiences when they get modest abayas with good length and style. Gift Abayas to the loved ones this Eid as MyBatua.com, the popular Abaya shop online, prepares to launch their latest clothing collection this Eid. (PRWeb June 24, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10863089.htm
June 24, 2013 - PRWeb
- Bruce Oldfield in The National
Crosley approached me with the idea of having a collaboration and initially, I thought of making a wedding dress covered in diamonds,Oldfield said. "Then we thought it would be a good idea to make an abaya. Why not? Every leading designer...
- Jill Carroll in Christian Science Monitor
For a journalist working in Iraq today, one of the keys to staying safe is blending in. As a woman, it's fairly easy. I throw on a head scarf and long black abaya, and I look like an Iraqi,says Jill.