- n a church associated with a monastery or convent
- n a convent ruled by an abbess
- n a monastery ruled by an abbot
- Inside their turreted, Norman-style abbey in Ulster's County Armagh one evening last week, Sir Norman Stronge, 86, and his son James, 48, had just retired to the library after dinner.
- Thus the great Benedictine abbey, built 400 years ago on ground where Benedictine abbeys had stood for 1,400 years, was demolished.
- The only ritual she has decided to keep is coming back to the abbey every June for her birthday.
News & Articles
- Downton Abbey is Launching a Line of Wines
Downton Abbey plans on entering into Real Housewives territory by giving its name to a licensed wine range. But the wine makers are aiming for a little more highbrow appeal. That's despite the company name of Wines That Rock, probably best known for making branded wines for the Rolling Stones, the Grateful Dead, and Pink Floyd.
June 26, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- 'Downton Abbey' casting news: Paul Giamatti will portray an American relative
'Downton Abbey' is getting another guest star – actor Paul Giamatti will appear on the show as countess Cora's American brother. The show's fourth season is in production now.
June 25, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Downton Abbey: Paul Giamatti Joins Cast As Lady Cora's Brother
Downton Abbey'sLady Cora has a new relative on the way in Season 4 - her playboy brother, Harold.
June 24, 2013 - Access Hollywood via Yahoo! News
- Lewis Hamilton in The Canadian Press
On my first lap I missed out the new section and continued on as normal,Hamilton said. "It took a lap longer than normal to get used to not going up to Abbey and turning left but going right onto the new section."
- John Nettles in The Guardian
Nettles said: "I wanted to die in noble fashion in the service of my country and then be buried with full military honours in Westminster Abbey. In the event, Tom and his long-suffering wife Joyce will simply retire. It's always better to leave when...
- Avril Lavigne in Hollywood Today Newsmagazine
I'm thrilled to announce my clothing line, Abbey DawnLavigne said in a statement released by the retail chain. "Abbey Dawn will aspire to be a unique and accessible reflection of my ever-changing style."