- n a building where animals are butchered
- And so they turned Columbine High School into an abattoir: murdering 12 schoolmates and a teacher, wounding 24 other people and then, finally, killing themselves in a drama seen .
- The British World War I soldier Wilfred Owen had lived as a minor disciple of literary giants until he was thrust into the abattoir of Europe's cataclysmic war to discover the .
- His image of an abattoir was apt.
- Bernard Laporte in International Herald Tribune
We're not going to the abattoir,Laporte said. "We are preparing a quarterfinals against a great team. We will have to play a complete match."
- Tony Abbott in Ninemsn
Rationing of current stocks by CSL will continue to make sure those at highest risk - abattoir workers and those visiting abattoirs - are able to be protected,Mr Abbott said. "Requests for vaccine by those outside this risk group are being...
- Rhodri Morgan in WalesOnline
Mr Morgan said "poor hygiene practices at the abattoir and the butcher's premises" caused the outbreak, but he added "these failings were not dealt with effectively by the Meat Hygiene Service or local authority environmental health...