straw hat straw hat
- (n) a stiff hat made of straw with a flat crown
- The minute that big, easily bored, sugar-fueled baby that is the American public started to drift off, he'd grab a straw hat and a banjo and somehow get us back.
- Sitting in a midtown Manhattan restaurant, long past lunchtime, Horne looks $ exquisitely beautiful under a big straw hat, without a line to mar her fine- boned face.
- Their leader, Leonard de Paur, 34, is a stocky, scholarly looking Negro who, at 18, toured Loew's circuit clutching a battered straw hat and singing Ol' Man River.
- Everett Fay, born in St. Louis Oct. 25, 1898, was the third of five children, the youngest a girl. He, not she, got the rampant curls. A studio portrait of him wearing the open crown of a straw hat with the broken away brim around his neck beneath his pesky mid-chest-length finger curls hung in the hall. He recalled one night after he was tucked in bed hearing the swish of footfalls shuffling on ...on June 16, 2013 Source: The Springfield News-Leader