purple purple /ˈpɜr pəl/
- (n) a purple color or pigment
- (n) of imperial status
- (v) become purple
- (v) color purple
- (adj) of a color intermediate between red and blue
- (adj) excessively elaborate or showily expressed
- (adj) belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler
- Their faces were hidden by purple cloths, shrouds the purple of Christian penance.
- Miuccia Prada planted the seeds in her spring 2007 collection, sending down the runway two satin dresses the moody purple-blue of Van Gogh's irises.
- Bianchi, however, insists that Drank, despite its purple can and name, is not referring to purple drank.
- Purple Martin Field Day will be held on Saturday, June 22 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at the farm of Merle Wood and her son, Lance Wood. Participants will see the most effective techniques and equipment available for establishing, expanding and maintaining a healthy purple martin colony.on June 13, 2013 Source: The Central Virginian
- The Tuscaloosa County Department of Human Resources is asking everyone to wear purple Friday in an effort to raise awareness of elder abuse. Friday is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day.on June 13, 2013 Source: The Tuscaloosa News
- Purple Communications, Inc. today commented in support of the Federal Communications Commission's long-awaited competition reforms to support video relay service , a form of Internet-based telecommunication ...on June 12, 2013 Source: Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
Wiki Images for purple
- "It was a great season for our team. Great for the people of the state of Minnesota to look at a team like that compete and, among other things, watch No. 4 compete in purple," Childress said.on Jan 25, 2010 By: Brad Childress Source: ESPN
- "The purple fingers have come back to build Iraq again," said Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki in a nationwide address shortly after the polls closed - referring to the ink used to identify those who cast ballots.on Jan 30, 2009 By: Nouri al-Maliki Source: International Herald Tribune
- "All of you know that I have always, and will always bleed purple," Yang wrote Monday memo to employees, referring to the company's official color.on Nov 18, 2008 By: Jerry Yang Source: Boston Globe (registration)