go to pieces go to pieces
- (v) lose one's emotional or mental composure
- The Sirocco leaked like a screen, was ready to go to pieces until they let it run with the gale.
- Materials had to be found that would not go to pieces in a reactor's heart.
- So thus they found that even the Belly in its dull quiet way was doing necessary work for the Body, and that all must work together or the Body will go to pieces.
- “If I knew tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant an apple tree.” Martin Luther.on May 4, 2014 Source: Grand Rapids Herald-Review