freedom freedom /f ˈri dəm/
- (n) the condition of being free; the power to act or speak or think without externally imposed restraints
- (n) immunity from an obligation or duty
- The freedom fighters' deadly debut may have pleased Chhun Yasith, but it is causing major headaches for his adopted country, the United States.
- Religious freedom has to be at the center and foundation of that freedom.
- Freedom means having power ; not the power to control other people but the power to control the circumstances of one's own life.
- Greenfield Elementary second grader, Alexis Martin, receives a free ice cream from the Freedom First Credit Union ice cream truck. Freedom First donated over 450 assorted ice cream treats to Greenfield Elementary’s Field Day on the last day of school. –submitted by Carolyn McLucason June 12, 2013 Source: Roanoke Times
- The "Freedom of Religion" and "Freedom from Religion" are indeed linked to "Freedom of Thought". They are principles associated with the individual liberty - the state of being free. Liberty is the value of an individual to cherish and enjoy various social, political, or economic rights and privileges. -12Petals Media Groupon June 11, 2013 Source: Payvand Iran News
- Freedom Bank of Virginia was named one of the top 200 community banks in the United States based on average return on equity for the past three years in the May 2013 issue.on June 10, 2013 Source: Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- "My sense is that the tough fighting will continue," he warned. "Indeed, it may get more intense in the next few months. As we take away the enemy's safe havens and reduce the enemy's freedom of action, the insurgents will fight back."on Jun 30, 2010 By: David Petraeus Source: CNN
- "I believe we have to win here. I believe in freedom. But the fact is that I think that Mr. Steele is going to have to assess as to whether he can still lead the Republican Party as chairman of the Republican National Committee and make an...on Jul 4, 2010 By: John McCain Source: The Associated Press
- President Obama said today that the recovery of Speicher's remains "is a reminder of the selfless service that led him to make the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom."on Aug 2, 2009 By: Barack Obama Source: ABC News