dubious dubious /ˈdu bi əs/
- (adj) fraught with uncertainty or doubt
- (adj) open to doubt or suspicion
- (adj) not convinced
- This city has the dubious distinction of most hit and run cases in the country.
- Most of us are dubious about the Mayan calender claim that 2012 is going to be the end of the world.
- Although the committee admitted Mr Dali's arguments into the proceedings but remained dubious about his claims.
- The Pirate Cinema brings peer-to-peer file sharing to the big screen in real time. Though their work is dubious at best, ethically speaking, in terms of sheer day-in, day-out dedication, the people who package illegal copies of new movies and TV shows deserve a congressional medal. In a largely thankless (and presumably extracurricular) job, these shadowy individuals work with astonishing speed ...on June 13, 2013 Source: Fast Company Magazine
- ARDMORE, Pa. -- Barely more than two months ago, Adam Scott arrived at Augusta National as a prominent member of a dubious golf species. He stood alongside Sergio Garcia , Lee Westwood , Luke Donald , Justin Rose and Matt Kuchar , among other big-name players.on June 13, 2013 Source: Connecticut Post
- TUCSON – Former three-term District 1 Congressman Richard "Rick" George Renzi (R) received a dubious present for his 55th birthday; a guilty verdict from a federal jury regarding federal corruption chon June 13, 2013 Source: Eastern Arizona Courier
- "It's not hard to fathom Paris smoking pot, it's the doing it in the midst of the world's biggest sporting event, in public, blatantly enough to get caught, part that made it dubious. Again, Paris is not dumb," the article said. "It doesn't...on Jul 4, 2010 By: Paris Hilton Source: Times LIVE
- "This is a dangerous piece of legislation. It is constitutionally dubious, and it would authorize a scattered band of United States senators to literally tie the hands of the commander in chief at a moment of decisive importance in the fight against...on Mar 15, 2007 By: Mitch McConnell Source: Voice of America
- Stauffenberg "is to be played by an actor whose sect, through dubious methods, attempts to lure people and make them pliable," Social Democratic lawmaker Klaus Uwe Benneter said on his Web site. "This is a slap in the face to all upstanding...on Jun 27, 2007 By: Klaus Uwe Benneter Source: Washington Post