- r in an unhelpful manner
he stood by unhelpfully while the house burned down
- He seems to have been solitary and misanthropic, though with flashes of antic gaiety: "A good friend but a difficult one," the dealer Edme-Franois Gersaint unhelpfully put it.
- A Picasso still life unhelpfully entitled Painting, in white, yellow, pale blue and black, showed that Old Master Picasso still wielded a powerful brush.
- The State Department unhelpfully defined a treaty as the kind of agreement which had to be submitted to the Senate for ratification.
News & Articles
- McDonald’s Employee Portal Tells Fast-Food Workers Not to Eat Fast Food
Right down to the red McDonald's-esque packaging. First the chain unhelpfully advised employees to sing happy songs in times of great stress , then it posted an in-depth guide to tipping all sorts of people — swimming-pool cleaners, au pairs — that the overwhelming majority of its workers couldn't possibly afford to have in their lives. Now McDonald's is advising everyone to be wary of fast food ...
Dec. 27, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Nicholas Burns in AFP
They're not in Kosovo, they're not doing anything to help the Kosovars. So they're kind of on the sidelines contributing mostly unhelpfully,Burns told Fox News television when asked if Russia was stirring up trouble.
- Alistair Graham in guardian.co.uk
Sir Alistair said yesterday that the Budd terms of reference had been "unhelpfully narrow, given the allegations that had been made".