tough-minded : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s facing facts or difficulties realistically and with determination
- Even before his Law Order depiction of district attorney Arthur Branch, Thompson nearly always played variations on the same character a straight-talking, tough-minded, wise .
- Beneath the easygoing manner of a small-town Utah boy, Stewart is keen and tough-minded.
- Though he insisted that he had been a socialist for 20 years and intended to remain one for 20 more, in fact, he was a tough-minded pragmatist who openly advocated cooperation with .
News & Articles
- Two-time league MVP Brink stays the course
Will Brink averaged 35 strokes per round over his nine-hole matches and was named the MVP of the Valley Oak League for the second time. It was his tough-minded performance during the postseason, however, that lifted him into the elite.
June 14, 2013 - Modesto Bee
- Pistons' Joe Dumars won't last if Maurice Cheeks doesn't win
Cheeks played against Dumars. Both were tough-minded defensive players who were not stars of their teams. But they played major roles in winning titles. Cheeks won a title in'83 with the Sixers. Dumars won the'89 and'90 titles with the Pistons.
June 13, 2013 - Detroit News
- Colts ink former Giants RB Bradshaw
Everyone inside the Giants organization has great regard for Ahmad Bradshaw, a maximum-effort player during his six seasons with the team. Bradshaw now brings that grit to the Colts, who Tuesday signed the tough-minded running back to a one-year deal. Bradshaw, a 2007 seventh-round draft pick, was released by the...
June 12, 2013 - New York Post
- Robert Gates in Los Angeles Times
Gates told reporters: "We're willing to reach out to the Iranians, as the president said, with an open hand. I think everybody in the administration, from the president on down, is pretty realistic and will be pretty tough-minded if we still...
- Marcus Stroud in Forbes
He will bring stability and a tough-minded approach,Stroud said. "He's a leader and will do a great job in Atlanta."
- Tom Coughlin in International Herald Tribune
These guys play with great heart,Coughlin said. "They're tough-minded. They never say die. They just keep coming."