- a of an approach to a problem that begins at the highest conceptual level and works down to the details
a top-down analysis might begin by looking at macro-economic trends
- And unlike the concept of government-sponsored, "top-down" Victory Gardens, Edible Estates is a grassroots effort.
- Just as Katrina exposed the lurking problems of race and poverty, it also revealed the limitations of Bush's rigid, top-down approach to the presidency.
- One advantage of a top-down approach is that, with just a few phone calls, the Democratic Party machine can mobilize thousands of volunteers in just a few days.
News & Articles
- Experience A Legendary Link Between Worlds
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is the shiny new title for the previously-announced sequel to A Link to the Past . This trailer shows us more footage of the first top-down Zelda game to come out for quite some time.
June 11, 2013 - RPGamer
- Four short links: 10 June 2013
Anatomy of Two Memes — comparing the spread of Gangnam Style to Harlem Shake. Memes are like currencies: you need to balance accessibility (or ‘money supply’) and inflation. Gangnam Style became globally accessible through top-down mainstream sources (High Popularity), but …
June 10, 2013 - O'Reilly Media
- Barack Obama in FOXNews
I believe that change comes not from the top-down, but from the bottom-up, and few are closer to the people than our churches, our synagogues, our temples and our mosques,Obama said after touring the Eastside Community Ministry in Ohio....
- Andrew Lansley in Lurgan Today
Shadow Health Secretary Andrew Lansley said: "This shows how the bigger picture gets neglected in order to meet the Government's top-down targets. Patients get a worse deal overall. Labour has"
- Bob McDonnell in Toronto Star
Top-down, one-size-fits-all decision-making should not replace the personal choices of free people in a free market,McDonnell said.