- s sounding as if pronounced low in the throat
a rich throaty voice
- She uses the word obviously way more often than the average person does, and she likes to say outrageous things, then break out into fits of throaty alto laughter to show you she's .
- Cue the throaty alto laughter.
- This is about that glorious mezzo-soprano, the gospel growls, the throaty howls, the girlish vocal tickles, the swoops, the dives, the blue-sky high notes, the blue-sea low notes.
News & Articles
- Grief, and pride, for a fallen soldier
Grief, and pride, for a fallen soldier Times Union Copyright 2013 Times Union. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 7:06 am, Wednesday, June 19, 2013 They gave their homegrown hero a final, fitting farewell Tuesday. Wailing bagpipes, prayers, salutes, doting memories and the throaty roar of a flag-bearing motorcade accompanied ...
June 19, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- JDRF Car Show in Ontario to help children with diabetes
It's time again to look and listen for the throaty roar of the cool and classy cars that benefit a good cause. The cause is the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation that will host its sixth annual fundraiser car show Saturday at Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park in Ontario.
June 18, 2013 - San Bernardino Sun
- Bosnian Rainbows: 'Bosnian Rainbows'
Guitar god Omar Rodríguez-López and drummer Deantoni Parks 86ing the Mars Volta to hook up with frontwoman Teri Gender Bender and keyboardist Nicci Kasper from Le Butcherettes might seem like a concession to MV detractors. Don’t like presidential-administration-length guitar solos, Rodríguez-López’s nasal shrieks, or lyrics about Ouija board mishaps? Here’s Gender Bender’s throaty alto with ...
June 18, 2013 - San Antonio Current
- Jimmy Webb in FOXNews
I always thought that Carly had a great voice, especially in her low register, that throaty, sexy part of her voice, for that kind of music,said Webb, who contributed the sensuous Jobim-inspired "The Last Samba," for the album. "It...
- Michael Donaghy in guardian.co.uk
In an instant I foresaw a decade of excuses, or as the poet Michael Donaghy wrote, "Me, I heard a throaty click at the end of 'wedlock"'.