- a careful and diligent in the use of resources
- s mindful of the future in spending money
- Ever thrifty, he coasts his 13-year-old Lincoln (bought used, of course) down the ramp to his spot in the Hart Senate Office Building garage to save on gas.
- But with its 2010 catalogue now arriving in mailboxes, the supplier of headboards and coffee tables to the world's thrifty and trendy has switched to what it sees as a more .
- Last week the outgoing former Finance Minister, thrifty Junnosuke Inouye, famed for wise and adroit retrenchment, boiled over in helpless rage.
- Alessandra Stanley in Brisbane Times
He sang, he danced, he sat on Frank Langella's lap and he also presented the 81st annual Academy Awards,New York Times' Alessandra Stanley wrote. "Hugh Jackman was a shrewd, even thrifty choice for a recession-era Oscar night - the hosting...
- Carl Edwards in International Herald Tribune
It's expensive, and listen, I'ma real thrifty person and I have my budget for the year before the year starts,Edwards said. "I'm good. I planned for it. But I still have trouble doing it. I'd rather just go ride my bike to get a little...
- Huang Huahua in SteelGuru
Mr Huang Huahua Guangdong Governor said "We should tighten our belts and be thrifty in everything this year. He said that the financial situation for Guangdong would be tough this year as it would face new challenges brought about by the global...