- s three times as great or many
a threefold increase
- s having more than one decidedly dissimilar aspects or qualities; public preaching and private influence"- R.W.Emerson
- r by a factor of three
our rent increased threefold in the past five years
- Wechsler has also found that during those same years, there was a threefold increase in the number of women who reported being drunk on 10 or more occasions in the previous month.
- Coca-Cola's exports to Iran have increased nearly threefold this year.
- Since the 1980s, the number of vaccinations children receive has doubled, and in that same time, autism diagnoses have soared threefold.
News & Articles
- Ketterer Kunst auction led by Ernst Ludwig Kirchner
Robert Ketterer selling Ernst Ludwig Kirchner’s masterpiece with painting on both sides for € 1.740.000*, it realized a threefold of the starting price.
June 12, 2013 - Art Daily
- Despite a lot more people and cars, California's air is cleaner
The state's strict vehicle emissions standards have made a significant difference, a study finds. The amount of organic nitrates in Southern California's air chemistry has also changed for the better. Despite a threefold increase in people and cars in the last 50 years, California's strict vehicle emissions standards have managed to significantly clear the state's air, according to new research.
June 10, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Manmohan Singh in Indian Express
He has a proven excellent understanding of Ericsson's business with experience from all different Ericsson business activities. He has been instrumental in developing Ericsson's industry leading services operation which grew threefold with good... Michael Treschow http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Treschow&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEfT8mt54utjD2OetSP6EiU3sOLrw The Local http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.thelocal.se/20260/20090625/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFwkkplbBTVEZs8gMdl9aAhu6qxKw Jun 24, 2009
99834 132559 threefold Meanwhile, statement issued by the prime minister prior to his departure to Toronto for the G20 summit, said: The challenge of the Toronto summit will be threefold - to ensure that global economic recovery is durable, balanced and sustainable; to...
- Robert Shiller in Times Online
Professor Shiller, co-founder of the respected S&P Case/Shiller house-price index, said: "American real estate values have already lost around $1 trillion [Â£503 billion]. That could easily increase threefold over the next few years. This is a much...