- s thin in diameter; resembling a thread
- It is as if the most fundamental questions about who we are and how we got here are being distilled into threadlike entities smaller than specks of dust.
- Saturn's rings cast threadlike shadows on the planet's northern hemisphere.
- The nurses palpate a threadlike vessel on the child's forehead.
News & Articles
- With Gulliver Asleep, The Lilliputians Are Almost Done Smothering The U.S. Economy
Jonathan Swift’s classic novel Gulliver’s Travels—and in particular the novel’s first section in which the tiny Lilliputians succeeded in immobilizing Gulliver by binding him with thousands of their tiny, threadlike ropes—serves as a literary metaphor for today’s American economy. While our friends on the left may complain that it is hyperbolic and chauvinistic to describe the American economy ...
June 20, 2013 - Forbes