- n the adult male singing voice above baritone
- n the pitch range of the highest male voice
- n an adult male with a tenor voice
- n a settled or prevailing or habitual course of a person's life
nothing disturbed the even tenor of her ways
- n the general meaning or substance of an utterance
although I disagreed with him I could follow the tenor of his argument
- s (of a musical instrument) intermediate between alto and baritone or bass
a tenor sax
- s of or close in range to the highest natural adult male voice
- Tip-top Italian-style tenors have always been a scarce commodity, and for the past two decades they have been growing scarcer scarcer.
- The Italian tenor who helped bring opera into the mainstream is mourned by fans and critics alike.
- An appreciation of the the Italian opera star, the primissimo tenor of his day, whose voice conquered the world.
News & Articles
- Cedric Zavala boasts colorful past
Cedric Bixler Zavala is known for his high-tenor vocal range, which he displayed as frontman of The Mars Volta and At the Drive-In. But, a previously-unheard voice emerged from the singer, which enabled him to pursue more creative freedom.
June 15, 2013 - The Desert Sun
- Tenor Anthony Kearns to Perform at the 50th Anniversary of President Kennedy's Visit to Ireland on Tuesday, June 18 ...
WASHINGTON, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Tenor Anthony Kearns will be a special guest singer at the official U.S. ceremony commemorating the 50th Anniversary of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy's historic visit to Ireland at Arlington National Cemetery on Tues., June 18,...
June 14, 2013 - PR Newswire
- ASSA ABLOY signs a EUR 900 M syndicated revolving credit facility
ASSA ABLOY has together with 14 banks entered into a syndicated Multi-Currency Revolving Credit Facility amounting to EUR 900 M. The facility has a tenor of at least five years and its main purpose is ...
June 14, 2013 - Thomson Reuters ONE via Yahoo! Finance
- Placido Domingo in Washington Post
I always admired the God-given glory of his voice _ that unmistakable special timbre from the bottom up to the very top of the tenor range,Domingo said in a statement from Los Angeles.
- Barack Obama in Press Trust of India
Referring to the statements coming from Iranian leadership, Obama said: "I'm very concerned, based on some of the tenor and tone of the statements that have been made, that the government of Iran recognises that the world is watching."
- Samantha Power in Boston Globe (registration)
Expressing "deep regret" for the comments, Power said in a statement: "I made inexcusable remarks that are at marked variance from my oft-stated admiration for Senator Clinton and from the spirit, tenor, and purpose of the Obama campaign. And I...